Winter has once again come to Colorado, and with it comes the holiday season full of snowy delights, connection with family and a fresh ski season. As the temperatures drop, explore Colorado’s fantastic chocolatiers and coffee shops that serve hot chocolate that will warm your heart as well as your hands. For a sweet treat with the family or just for you, look no further than the best hot chocolate shops in Northern Colorado. There is no better time than a snowy winter season to warm up with a piping cup of cocoa.
- Kilwins Chocolate and Ice Cream, founded in 1947, has been making delicious confections across the U.S. for decades. Located in the heart of Old Town Fort Collins, its striped awning and red benches give this location a cozy, old-timey feel. Kilwin’s hot chocolate is made with handcrafted chocolate, also available for sale in the store. So if creamy hot chocolate doesn’t satisfy your sweet tooth, then their handmade fudge most definitely will. Kilwin’s offers the perfect location to stop and grab hot cocoa while holiday shopping or exploring all the sights downtown Fort Collins has to offer.
- Nuance Chocolate Cafe, conveniently located in Old Town Fort Collins, a block away from the Civic Center, provides a cozy hot chocolate spot for you or the family. This Chocolate Cafe offers a menu of handmade chocolate, sipping chocolate, French-style hot chocolate, and of course, their fantastic house-made hot chocolate. Nuance provides a cafe setting that is sure to please anyone looking for a Colorado rustic feel, with brick walls and a carved hardwood tile bar, Nuance exemplifies the classic Colorado feel. Stop in to enjoy handcrafted drinking chocolate made with bean to bar chocolate in a snug and homespun environment.
- Looking for a cup of cocoa in Greeley, Colorado? Look no further than Continuum Coffee Co.! This quaint coffee shop serves hot chocolate and coffee with a smile. Just ask Bob, the local barista. Grabbing a hot chocolate at Continuum Coffee Co. is not only a sweet treat, but it is also an excellent way to support local businesses in Northern Colorado. Pop by for the cocoa and keep coming back for the delightful service and inviting atmosphere.
- With locations in Greely, Loveland and Windsor, Colorado, The Human Bean is an excellent choice for those who want some hot cocoa on the go. This drive-up coffee shop has hot chocolate and frozen hot chocolate, so whether you want a cold refreshing beverage or a little something to warm you up, they’ve got you covered. The Human Bean is also known for supporting non-profits such as Habitat for Humanity and the American Red Cross, so buying a cup of hot chocolate will warm hearts nationwide this holiday season.
- The Little Bird Bakeshop located in Old Town Square Fort Collins is the perfect place to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa and maybe even a freshly baked pastry. This quaint little bakeshop boasts housemade hot chocolate with their specialty peppermint marshmallows as well as pastries prepared fresh every day. The Little Bird Bakeshop also offers light breakfast and lunch fare, such as their Sautéed Mushroom Toast and Crème Fraîche Quiche. So whether you’re looking for a chocolatey beverage or a bite to eat, The Little Bird Bakeshop has it all.
The holiday season is once again upon us here in Northern Colorado and with it comes chilly winter days full of friends, family, and fun. So, whether you are on your way to work or coming home from the slopes, a cup of hot chocolate is a surefire way to warm you up inside and out.